RSS Feed

Gary's (Post)Modern Life

Posted by Gary

I'm in Oklahoma now visiting friends for 2-3 weeks. In that time, I'll still be able to post just as (in)frequently as always.

I'm currently focusing on memorization, working my way through the Greek version of Joel. At the same time, I'm still learning Genesis 1-11 (though not for memorization). I was thinking of writing a book, but without access to a library, I really don't have the resources to do the necessary research. Instead, I can make a fairly good essay. Current length is about 25 pgs single-spaced. I felt compelled to write on Genesis 1-11 since November and I'm not going to simply abandon the project! It's been great.

Thank you Jim and Jeff for your prayers about my family. Mom's doing a whole lot better now, and my stress level is back in manageable range. That week a while ago in seclusion was like a spiritual sauna. I just shed off everything that was weighing me down. God is so good!

As far as posts go, I'm going to try my hand at making a literary translation of Philippians. There's still several things to work out, but I should have the first post up by Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Jim Swindle

    The Greek version of Joel? From the Septuagint? Interesting. In Greek, I never got beyond memorizing the first part of John 1.

  1. Gary

    Yeah, Septuagint it is. I try to be an overachiever. I managed to learn the vocabulary (MUCH easier than Luke was, for sure!)

    Today I saw Leeland in concert. I've never been a fan of his music, but what a heart he has! I enjoyed meeting with him. I got his entire band to sign my pocket NT. Good times.